YOU ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH
YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
m a t t h e w 5 : 1 3 – 1 6
One of the most mysterious and beautiful realities that Christians must embrace is the dual nature of our existence. We are an important part of our physical cultures, societies, and neighborhoods, while simultaneously belonging spiritually to a kingdom that is “not of this world.” (Philippians 3:20; John 17:16) In September our hope and prayer is that we would all better learn what it means to be salt and light in our world so we can bring the illuminating truth and the preserving power of the gospel into our culture.
There will be encouraging and informative messages from Pastor Casey Kendal of Bridgetown Church, Pastor Daniel Hooper, and more. We also have great worship lined up from the Well Worship Team, and an entire weekend full of games, hiking, events, and activities! We hope you are ready for an incredible weekend with your Well family and friends, and most importantly the living God!
Here are some logistics that you need to know:
- Early Registration Cost: $160 | Late Registration Cost: $180
- Balances are due on Friday, August 25th. You can pay at the community table or online at signup.harvest.org.
- This includes a three-day/two-night stay, meals, a Well T-Shirt, a custom journal, and of course an amazing experience!
- The retreat will be held at Green Valley Lake Christian Camp.
- You must provide your own transportation to and from camp.
Check-in: Friday, September 1st from 4:00 to 5:30 P.M. Dinner will start at 6:00 P.M. (you may check in later if necessary.)
Check-out: Sunday, September 3rd from 12:00 to 1:00 P.M.
A few things you will need for the weekend:
- A Bible/Notebook/Pens/Pencils
- Sleeping bag or bedding
- Towel & Toiletries
- Bug Repellant & Sunscreen
- Summer clothes/light jacket/swimwear
- Closed-Toed Shoes
- Spending Cash for the snack bar
Our prayer and desire is to serve you at this camp, and we know that a retreat like this can change your life! You are going to meet new people, build stronger friendships, and make lasting memories. But beyond all of that, you are going learn how to be a force for Gospel renewal in our culture as we embrace our nature as an Anomaly. We can’t wait to see you at The Well’s Summer Retreat 2017!